Faced this issue a few minutes back and it has to do with the local system settings and firewalls in particular. Here are the steps I tried in the order I tried them
- First checked if I was typing in the password correctly.
- Checked if the security group for the instance has been modified to not allow incoming connections
- Rebooted the machine to see if there was a resource constraints that was preventing RDP sessions.
- Checked Firewall on local system to verify there was nothing blocking connections
- RESOLVED:- Changed the wireless network that was recently created on my laptop from PUBLIC NETWORK to WORK
Once done Norton and Windows doesn’t put additional restrictions on what I can access over the network and problem solved.